If you hope to get the best price for your home, never under estimate the power of first impressions. Potential buyers are likely to return to a house that impresses them at first glance, while homes that are poorly maintained seldom sustain interest. You can impress buyers by presenting your home as an attractive place to live. Buyers look for a house that looks clean, neat and well kept.
Consider the following:
- Paint the front door, mailbox. Polish any hardware.
- Wash or clean siding.
- Rake leaves, trim shrubs, and plant new flowers.
- Sweep and wash walkways and driveways.
- Clean gutters, extend downspouts.
- Clean, organize garage.
- Make sure locks and deadbolts work smoothly.
- Wash windows, clean blinds.
- Open shades and blinds to maximize lighting.
- Replace burnt out light bulbs.
- Touch-up or re-paint walls. Glue down loose wallpaper.
- Wax or polish floors, vacuum carpet.
- Make sure doors and windows operate properly. Lubricate.
- Clean around fireplace.
- Organize closets.
- Make beds.
Perception and attraction. These are key to long lasting impression…